It’s Acadiana: Out To Lunch

Hosted ByChristiaan Mader

OUT TO LUNCH finds journalist Christiaan Mader conducting business Acadiana style: over lunch. Each week Christiaan invites guests from Acadiana's business community to join him. Beyond the foundations of the Acadiana economy - oil, cuisine, music - there is a vast network of entrepreneurs, small businesses, and even some of the country's largest companies who call Acadiana home. Out to Lunch is the cafeteria of the wider Acadiana business community. You can also hear the show on KRVS 88.7FM.

Self Help – Out to Lunch – It’s Acadiana

If you’re in business and you’re lucky or talented enough to be doing well, it’s not long before you start comparing your business with others that are doing better. And start wondering how you could do as well as they are. Or better. We do the same sort of thing, consciously or unconsciously, in our personal lives. It seems to be human nature to compare ourselves to others. And to want to do as well or look as good as our friends and colleagues.

Peter’s three guests on this edition of Out to Lunch are all experts at making you do better, feel better, and look better – in various and very different ways.

Christina Harper, Excelerant

Christina Harper is co-founder and the Managing Partner of Lafayette based company, Excelerant.  Excelerant is a professional leadership development firm that specializes in coaching, training, and development of top level company executives. The company has been around since 2003 and is the recipient of a number of impressive national and local awards. 

Joel Dawson

Joel Dawson is also a business and leadership coach, with a specialty that makes him uniquely unsuited for a conversation on radio. Joel maintains that only 7% of what we hear when we talk is words. The other 93% is non verbal communication.

Joel leads workshops based on this principle called Mastery of the 93%. He is a professional speaker, founder of the Dawson Financial Group, and author of the autobiographical book, The Puddle. 

Doing well in business and succeeding personally is all worthless – if you’re not healthy. That’s where Peter’s Entrepreneur du Jour comes in.

Brian Broussard, Fit Life

Brian Broussard is the owner of Fit Life, a company focused on corporate wellness. The principle being – if you keep employees fit and happy, you’re going to lower a company’s healthcare costs. Fit Life will take on a whole company or just you personally to keep you physically fit, looking good, and eating right. 

peter ricchiuti, christina harper, Joel Dawson

Photos on this page at Charley G’s by Gwendolyn Aucoin

For more information about Acadiana entrepreneurs – Innov8 Acadiana and The Opportunity Machine.  

Liaten to Out to Lunch Baton Rouge